Criteria for Nomination of Members for the Award of the Shield of Professional Excellence (SPX)
The Award of The Shield of Professional Excellence (SPX) is a post fellowship award instituted in 2008 to be bestowed on nominated individuals with at least two proposals. It is a merit based conferment on members who have remained committed to the Institution and have been awarded fellowship of The Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) or meets the criteria for it.
The award recipients are regarded as custodians of the profession in the country and are therefore expected to position themselves to advice, represent, advocate and support the development of the profession and the Institution whenever they are called upon. The Shield is a reward and an encouragement for those who toiled and towed the paths of excellence and commitment to our professions in the Institution.
- A recipient must be at least 20 years post-graduation,
- Have demonstrated exceptional feat or contribution in some aspects of professional practice
- Have through the years committed themselves to the development of the profession and the Institution
- Major professional achievement/ contribution
- Financial Commitment to the Institution
- Duration of Associating with the Institution
- Attendance at Institution’s AGM & Conference
How to join
Complete the online Application Form below. Your application will be processed.
Download Application Form
Download the application form below and send your completed application to Head Office to be processed. Once approved you will receive your membership pack in the post.